To join the Brigade you need to have a few requirements:
- live locally (preferrably in the town of Mount Barker)
- be relatively fit,
- want to learn new skills,
- be understanding and compassionate,
- be prepared to give up your time to help others,
- understand that you may see things you would rather not see,
- be aware that your life on the fireground may be in danger,
- and like to have fun!
We are keen for new people in Mount Barker to join the Brigade. We encourage you to come down to a couple of our training sessions to see what it is like. You may find it is not for you. If you do like it, we’ll give you a form to fill out and when you bring it back we’ll get things in motion to have you as a Member.