Our Members don’t only “put the wet stuff on the hot stuff”. They also act in a proactive manner to prevent fires and other emergencies.
In the past year we have been involved in the following safety and awareness initiatives:
- work with Mount Barker Community College for their annual “Mud-run”.
- carried out controlled burns on a number of bush blocks around town.
- participated in the Plantagenet Shire Local Emergency Management Committee.
- provided fire and rescue support to the local Speedway.
- work with local schools, kindy etc to provide fire safety education with an “Open Station” week. (“Emergency Services Week”)
- maintain hydrants around Mount Barker.